This salad is too big for a name because there are so many good ingredients. This was something we first had when our daughter Cora was born almost two years ago. A friend made it for us and we have made it many times since then. It is a great light lunch salad that still has a good amount of calories from healthy fats and proteins. (Note: Most cold meats contain nitrates as a preservative. The Hormel Natural Choice contains none.)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/4 cup of Gala Apple cubed
- 1/4 cup of Swiss Cheese cubed
- 1/4 cup of Cold Cut Turkey or Turkey Ham (I recomend using the Hormel Natural Choice. They offer preservative and nitrite free meats.)
- 1/4 cup of Cashews
- Red wine vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil as dressing
- Fill your bowl with spinach.
- Cut apple and cheese into cubes.
- Leave 3-4 slices of meat together and cut the stack into squares.
- Top the spinach with the cheese, apples, turkey and cashews.
- Coat the salad to taste with red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.