I came up with this recipe one evening when I was invited to a potluck at the last minute. I happen to have all these ingredients on hand so I thought I would try putting them together in one recipe. This dish received quite a few compliments so I have continued to make several other times. I really like the way the sweetness of the cranberry contrast with the saltiness of the feta cheese.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 cup of Sliced Green Onions
- 1 cup of Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3/4 cup of chopped Almonds
- Combine 1 cup of Quinoa, 2 cups of water and 1tsp of salt in a medium size pot. Bring water to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until Quinoa becomes tender.
- Allow Quinoa to cool in a glass serving bowl.
- Stir in cranberries, feta, green onions, and chopped almonds.
- Sprinkle a few more chopped almonds on the top as an accent.
*Tip: If you plan to make this ahead or make it to eat over several days, keep almonds separate and add them to each individual serving.