Now that you have hopefully made your own chili powder (click for chili powder recipe), you can take it to the next level and make your own taco seasoning. Most taco seasonings contain MSG and the dreaded “spices” (which is where the government has decided it is fine for companies to not actually tell you what’s in your food.) Once again I multiplied this recipe and may even double it the next time around. Also, a little tip chili powder and taco seasoning use a lot of the same ingredients so I recommend making them at the same time so you only have to get the ingredients out once.
- 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place in a airtight glass jar, shake, store and use as needed.