4 Flares 4 Flares ×
Eating a gluten-free diet can be difficult at times, and cooking without any grain is even harder. This zucchini lasagna tastes great and is very healthy. Not that I personally recommend this, but taking out the ground beef makes this a vegetarian lasagna.
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 medium Onion, chopped finely
- 24oz. or 3 medium Zucchini, sliced longwise thinly
- 1 Tbsp dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and pepper
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (more if you like cheese)
- Preheat Oven 350F
- Take sliced Zuchini and spread out on paper towels or in a collander. Salt and let sit (this draws some excess moisture out)
- Sauté onion and garlic in pan over medium heat until onion just begins to brown
- Add Ground Beef to brown in pan, then add basil.
- Lay out a layer of zucchini in casserole pan, then a layer of ricotta cheese, then a layer of sauteed beef mixture. Repeat until pan is mostly full
- Cover with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 40 minutes covered with aluminum foil
- Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates