0 Flares 0 Flares ×
- 2 gallon water
- 2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 lbs. sugar, granulated
- 2 oz ginger — chopped
- 1/2 tsp. yeast
- Boil the water in a stainless steel or enamel pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the yeast. (I use a muslin bag to keep all ingredients together, making it easier to get out when bottling)
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cool to lukewarm (100 deg or below).
- Dissolve yeast in one cup of the mixture and stir back in.
- Cover and allow to ferment 34-36 hours at 65-70F
- Siphon or pour into sterlized bottles removing any lemon slices.
- After capping condition the bottles upright for one week at 60-65F then store in the refrigerator or basement cool room below 60F.
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates