I first came across the idea of garlic oil for ear infections when I had one about 2 years ago. I am no stranger to ear infections so I usually just ignore the minor ones, but this was one where the pressure felt unbearable. I searched through the websites for possible home remedies and found this website with directions for making garlic infused oil and doing lymphatic massage. I made my own garlic oil, massage around my ear and found nearly instant relief! You can also rub this oil on your chest, neck and feet to prevent or fight colds, ear ache and illness. Oh yea, you can cooked with it and put it on salad, but you might want to make a separated batch.
Here is how to make your own small serving garlic oil:
- Crush two cloves of garlic in a glass dish
- Cover with extra virgin olive oil
- Place glass dish in hot water and allow to steep 10-30 minutes.
- Dip fingers in oil and apply.
- Cover the oil and store on the counter or in fridge until your ear ache, cold or illness have a passed. I usually dump this little batch and start fresh the next time I need it.