I don’t like using store bought baby wipes. They almost all have chemicals I wouldn’t put on my own body and I just love the idea of using all natural ingredients in a homemade diaper spray. Plus, this spray works great for preventing and treating rashes like thrush.
Here is the recipe I use.
- 1 6oz or 8oz Spray Bottle
- 1 Tbs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Bragg’s)
- 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (optional)
- 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil (optional)
- Enough purified water to fill the rest of the 6 oz spray bottle
Why these ingredients work:
- Raw apple cider vinegar: contain probiotics that keep the candida bacteria, that proceed the thrush diaper rash, in check. Make sure your Apple Cider Vinegar has the “mother” on it like Bragg’s does.
- Tea Tree or Melaluca Oil: has been shown by some sources to have antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic properties.
- Lavender Oil: is soothing to the skin and gives the spray a nice natural fragrance.
If you’re really struggling with thrush, use extra virgin coconut oil as a diaper rash cream at each diaper change.
NOTE: Up until reading some recent posts by others, I had been worried about using tea tree and lavender oil on boys, but this information put my mind at ease.