This recipe came about because I was intending to make our stuffed peppers in the crockpot (see that recipe here), but I didn’t get around to it. I decided to improvise and make it into a skillet meal. It was quick and just and good!
- 6 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lbs. ground beef or venison
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (I use basmati rice. It cooks in just 15-20 minutes)
- 14oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4.5oz fresh spinach (optional)
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning (click here for taco seasoning recipe)
- Cook brown rice according to directions.
- Chop peppers, onions and garlic.
- Sautee onions, peppers and garlic for 2-3 minutes, add ground meat and brown in oven safe skillet.
- Stir in taco seasoning (link) and tomatoes.
- Add spinach. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add and stir in rice.
- Cover with cheese. Place in the oven on broil until cheese is melted.